Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Food

Many people have this love and hate relationship when it comes to food. I, for one, love food. Food has become one of my passions in life since I was a young and curious child.

My father shares the same passion for food as I do. He used to bring me out to the end of the world just to enjoy every sort of exotic food ranging from durians to Hokaido’s famous hairy crabs. I guess my adventurous taste buds must have been inherited from my dear father.

Food is almost like an ambassador of a country. For example, when one tastes the wonderful freshness of sushi, he will definitely think of Japan. The sour and spicy food from Thailand represents the passionate friendliness of the Thais. This is the great influence of food.

Besides that, food has the magical touch of bringing up happy memories. When we bite on a slice of cake or a bar of chocolate, the great taste reminds us of past experience in our childhood. Such feeling is something that money cannot buy.

In a nutshell, food is not only something that we need to satisfy our hunger or supply us with nutrients that we need. Food is also something that feed our soul and our minds. This is why I love food so much.
by
LHS