Monday, March 07, 2005

At the Dental Clinic

Instantly, the smell of the sanitized clinic welcomed me as I stepped into the waiting room. I had to wait for my turn, as there were quite a number of patients waiting for Doctor Chow. Besides flipping through the magazine aimlessly, I started noticing the medical posters hanging on the walls of the waiting room: “How do you know when you are pregnant”, “Ten ways of detecting diabetes”, “How fat is too fat”, “Do you know if you have asthma?”, “The difference between flu and cold”…I never failed to learn a thing or two by reading those posters. Even though I also noticed that the very same posters had been hanging there since ten years ago when I first came to this clinic. My train of thoughts was suddenly broken by the shrieking cry of a hysterical little girl coming out from the doctor’s room. She probably got an injection which I feared most of all. Then I heard my name being called by the Grimm looking nurse. Time for execution…
by CWO