Thursday, November 30, 2006

A Letter about the Trip to Melacca

3014,Jalan HB,
Taman CCC,
56100 Kuala Lumpur
3 June 2005
Dear Micheal,
How are you?I believe your summer holiday in America is going to begin soon,but my holiday has just ended. I am sure you must be curious about I spent my holiday so here it is.

During the school holiday, I was in Malacca with my family.Malacca is known as the historical city of Malaysia because it used to be a famous port hundred of years ago. Other than that, it is also rich in culture and delicious culinary delights.

We stayed in a luxurious five-star hotel. The first destination we headed to was A Famosa which was a famous historical site built by the Portuguese in 1411. It used to be a grand fort but it was destroyed by another occupying force. Now it is only a small portion left. Over there, we bought some interesting souvenirs.

Next, we went to the Crocodile Farm to see the famous reptiles. We saw many species of crocodiles that we do not usually see. Some of them even come from America! (which should be called alligators instead of crocodiles) The most exciting moment was during the crocodile feeding session. The trainer was so amazing that he put his hand into the crocodile’s mouth for over a minute. Isn’t that scary?

Opposite our hotel, there is a shopping center called Mahkota Parade. It is a large shopping complex. We could shop there for a whole day but we became tired, so we watched a movie in the complex instead.

Finally, on the last day of our visit, we traveled to A Farmosa Waterworld. My family and I enjoyed all water games such as water ball, slides, surfing, swimming, diving and so on. We even had a picnic there.

So, this is how I spent my school holidays. I hope you enjoy your upcoming summer holiday. Don’t forget to write to me about it.
Yours sincerely,
CBL